European Studies Centre, St Antony’s College, University of Oxford
The Deakin Fellowship Call for Applications
Applications are invited for the Deakin Fellowship for the academic year 2020-2021. The Fellowship is intended to support scholarship related to France in the College's areas of interest, which include: Modern History, Politics, International Relations, Economics, Anthropology, Sociology and Social Policy. A particular interest in Europe is important.
Applicants should hold a doctorate at the time of application, and a good working knowledge of both English and French is essential.
The Fellow will pursue his/her own research and participate fully in the academic life of the College and of the European Studies Centre.
The Fellowship is awarded for three terms from 1 October 2020 until 30 June 2021. It carries an expenses allowance of £13,000, plus other College benefits including the option to apply for College-owned accommodation (rental rates apply). Taxation in the UK and elsewhere depends on the individual circumstances of the candidate and independent personal advice should be taken as necessary.
The successful candidate will become a member of the academic community of the European Studies Centre, and a Visiting Fellow of St Antony’s College. He/she will be expected to reside in Oxford during tenure, to pursue his or her own research, and to participate fully in the academic life of the European Studies Centre in Oxford, for example:
- To conduct research and publish original work
- To deliver public lecture(s) and organise a conference or symposium
- To participate in the activities of the ESC
There is an expenses allowance of £13,000. Additional benefits include:
- Office space at the European Studies Centre
- Offer to live, if he/she wishes to do so, in a flat for a single person or for a couple in central Oxford (rental rates apply)
- Use of College library and social facilities and College email account
- 3 High-Table dinners in College, per term
- Administrative support
- Some limited funds for activities
The application should include:
- A clear research proposal which should specify the research question, approach, methodology, and intended outcome of the proposed research (3-5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two names of referees with contact details
Applications should reach us no later than midnight on Wednesday 30 March 2020 and should be posted to:
The Administrator, The European Studies Centre, St Antony’s College, Oxford OX2 6JF, UK
Or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Those who are shortlisted will either be interviewed in Oxford or via Skype.
Interviews are expected to take place w/c 2nd March 2020.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship, in the first instance please email the ESC Administrator at: email@example.com or telephone: 01865 274470.